Collaboration "Future Library"
Through the project of the not-for-profit organization Future Library, sponsored by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and aiming at the improvement of libraries all over Greece, KIKPE enriches provincial libraries and libraries in disadvantaged areas of Attica. Specifically, it contributes to supplementing the libraries’ holdings with new and earlier publications, and collaborates with the heads of libraries in organizing training days and cultural events of local or wider appeal. Libraries are selected on the basis of a series of criteria of preference and viability:
- Location (rural area, deprived neighbourhood).
- Effective administration.
- Satisfactory number of registered members and satisfactory degree of use.
- Electronic support of members with internet access.
- Safekeeping and conservation of archival material of local interest.
- Operation of a section for children and for teenagers.
- Operation of mobile units.
- Organization of diverse cultural events and creative workshops on the library premises.
During 2016 the KIKPE Foundation offered 3,500 new editions to 12 regional Public and Municipal Libraries. The same libraries were also offered annual subscriptions of the periodicals Athens Review of Books and Social Sciences.
In 2014 KIKPE has chosen to support twelve public and municipal libraries - ten in the provinces and two in the prefecture of Attica.
In 2013 KIKPE had chosen twelve libraries for support – eleven in the provinces and one in the prefecture of Attica. The books have already been selected from the publishers and the copies will be distributed in accordance with the prepared registers.
In 2012 KIKPE dispatched to ten libraries in the provinces a total of 3,000 books (450 titles), which were purchased from publishers (private companies, public agencies and foundations) on the criterion of the combination of interesting content and aesthetic quality.
On the initiative of KIKPE, the libraries supported over the two-year period 2012/2013 were offered subscription to the monthly magazine The Athens Review of Books.
- Central Public Library of Veria
- Municipal Library of Stavroupoli-Pavlos Melas
- Municipal Library of Kastoria
- Municipal Library of Xanthi
Eastern Macedonia and Thrace
- “Koventarios” Municipal Library of Kozani
- Municipal Library of Katheni
- “Odysseus Elytis” Municipal Library of the island of Lipsi
- Municipal Library of Nikea - Agios Ioannis Rendis
- “Christos Bekas” Cultural Centre Library, Municipality of Spata-Artemis
- Municipal Library of the Aspropyrgos Cultural Centre
- Library of the Municipal Unit of Tavros
- Municipal Library of Korydallos
- Centre of Culture, Sport and Environment of the Municipality of Corinthians
Library Department - Prefecture of Corinthia
- Central Public Library of Eleftheroupolis
Prefecture of Kavala
- Central Public Library of Konitsa
Prefecture of Ioannina
- Aianteios Public Library of Atalanti
Prefecture of Lamia
- Municipal Library of Polykastro
Prefecture of Kilkis
- Papastrateios Municipal Library of Agrinion
Prefecture of Aitoloakarnania
- Sakorrapheios Municipal Library of Kastelli Pediados
Prefecture of Herakleion
- Central Municipal Library of Drama
Prefecture of Drama
- Municipal Library of Paros – Public Information Centre
Prefecture of the Cyclades
- Central Public Library of Larisa "Constantinos Koumas"
Prefecture of Larisa
- Central Municipal Library of Karpenisi
Prefecture of Karpenisi
- Municipal Library of Keratsini – Drapetsona
Prefecture of Attica
- Municipal Library of Alexandreia
- Municipal Library of Galaxidi
- Central Public Library of Grevena
- Municipal Libraries of the Municipality of Delphi (three in the prefecture)
- Central Public Library of Kilkis
- Central Public Library of Livadia
- Papacharalambeios Central Public Library of Nafpaktos
- Municipal Library of Preveza
- Municipal Library of Rapsani
- Central Public Library of Serres
- Municipal Library of Chania